free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The End of the KCCC

The End of the KCCC

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: The End of the KCCC

Postby vrooom on Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Remember, there's all that BOOTLEG TV stuff in the archive...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Fri May 04, 2012 7:20 am

Geno wrote:As with Elephant Talk, I'm mainly surprised the KCCC has lasted as long as it has (as much as I've enjoyed it). Possible good news about those next selections also being DVDs, although there's no telling what material/quality we're talking about. I suppose some ProjeKct video is too much to hope for, so.... we'll wait and see?

I'd probably go for ProjeKct video. But I don't recall any mention of filming or videotaping in the accounts of those gigs. They were mostly pretty small scale, in small venues. Of course DGM could solicit bootlegs, like they have with KC. There might be some good ones out there.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:25 am

That's sad. It's a shame that the KCCC will no longer be there.

Although...will the download store still be available? I do downloads, I don't do cds anymore. I guess it's my age...
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Anyone get the Marquee '71 set yet? I see it's not listed as pre-order anymore. Will probably grab it there soon, though I feel it's overpriced by a few bucks. Hope the sound quality's top notch.
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby LightCurves on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm

hmmm dvds. guess we'll see the montreux 2003 show...
LightCurves
ProjeKction Regular

Postby masm on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 am

I'm fine with the decision to limit the number of physical Club releases to 50. Fifty is a huge number. Almost every era is covered in its entirety. But that's a shame they decided to finish the series with DVDs. I was expecting at least two more shows from two line-ups that never appeared on a CD - King Crimson line-up of 2008 and Projekct Six. I am not listening to 'digital' music and this is extremely disappointing that there will be no possibility to get those shows in a proper format.
masm
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Geno on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:29 pm

masm wrote:a shame they decided to finish the series with DVDs. I was expecting at least two more shows from two line-ups that never appeared on a CD - King Crimson line-up of 2008 and Projekct Six. I am not listening to 'digital' music and this is extremely disappointing that there will be no possibility to get those shows in a proper format.

Agreed. I mean, I do enjoy P6 and would have bought a Club disc from them, but after hearing all the shows I'm not sure it really needs the hardcopy treatment. Nice as it is, it's not as progressive or surprising as Ps 1 through X. I'm disappointed if not quite as much as you seem to be.

It'd be nice to have a hardcopy for a strong 2008 show, though. That could still be something for DGM to consider as an archive release. Or who knows, some of the Collectables have provided CDs of things that were previously digital-only, and for all we know there could be more.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:44 am

I wish they'd put out a "what do the fans want that we haven't put out yet" type poll for one of the final releases... I'd love another 2008 show. At least ONE! Like the FIRST Chicago show....
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm

ChewChewGumChew wrote:I wish they'd put out a "what do the fans want that we haven't put out yet" type poll for one of the final releases... I'd love another 2008 show. At least ONE! Like the FIRST Chicago show....

well, talk about a voice from the past... welcome back Chew, long time no see. :shock:

and I agree, more shows from the last real Crim.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 am

Indyrod wrote:
ChewChewGumChew wrote:I wish they'd put out a "what do the fans want that we haven't put out yet" type poll for one of the final releases... I'd love another 2008 show. At least ONE! Like the FIRST Chicago show....

well, talk about a voice from the past... welcome back Chew, long time no see. :shock:

and I agree, more shows from the last real Crim.

Thanks! I've been around (mostly in the basement), but there's not alot to talk about anymore. I'm not getting all the 40th anniversary remasters (But I DID get "Islands", and will get "3OAPP"). My 10th anniversary of signing up here is coming soon (yours too Indy!), so that's cause for celebration. Still have my "FraKctured" shirt somewhere... :lol:
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook