free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Anyone knows when the rest of remasters are coming?

Anyone knows when the rest of remasters are coming?

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: Anyone knows when the rest of remasters are coming?

Postby spknoevl on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 pm

I don't mind the regurgitated themes on TCoL, I think they are good re-imagining of Fracture and Larks Tongue, and some of the dual guitar work is outstanding. It's just that if someone were to remix the CD with better kick drum and snare samples and bring the snare down in the mix, I would find it a far more enjoyable release to listen to. I found a live video on youtube of the band playing it, and even though Pat is still playing the same electronic drums, simply because the levels were not as hot in the mix, it sounded much better. Right now the drum sound on TCOL reminds me of those 80s pop releases with the really loud Linn snare drum dominating the mix; it just sounds dated.
spknoevl
ProjeKction Regular

Postby RYG on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:55 pm

The best release (to me, by far) of the 2000/2001 version of KC is the "Level 5 Tour EP" that was (at the time) only available at the concerts but has since become available (I don't know for a fact if it still is today though) via the DGM site.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Dog_none on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm a huge fan of TCOL. For many of the same reasons I love Lizard. Its uniqueness, in all aspects, as UnderTheShelteringSky said really makes it stand out. It's another masterpiece of weirdness. The mix doesn't bug me like it seems to bug others. But of course I'd be happy to listen to a remaster.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby gboland on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 am

I believe September to the release date for LTIA & SABB 5.1 surround versions (personally can't wait to hear LTIA pt 1), and another quick point the two Level 5 releases contained different versions of Virtuous Circle on the one sold at concerts and the one sold through DGM.
gboland
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Fri May 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Yeah, Steven Wilson posted an update, saying that the 2 next remasters are coming in September.

My guess is that Beat, Three Of A Perfect Pair, and Discipline will come out sometime early 2012. And then who knows if, and when, the others will come out? I'm not even sure if Thrak, TCOL, and TPTB were remixed in 5.1 surround (they definitely don't need a remastering, just a surround sound mix!)
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Geno on Fri May 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Robert's written about Jakko mixing Thrak, but I don't remember any word on the last two.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby RYG on Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Any mention of what the "extras" will be on these releases ? I'm hoping there's some video.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby spknoevl on Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Geno wrote:Robert's written about Jakko mixing Thrak, but I don't remember any word on the last two.

Say it isn't so! I really don't care for anything Jakko is involved with and with the outstanding job Wilson has done mixing the other KC releases, I surely don't see a need to bring in anyone else. Considering how dense the music is on Trakk, it will be a difficult CD for anyone to re-mix.

In the past week or so, I've been listening to the last 3 studio releases by KC and have come to realize that Thrakk has become one of my favorite KC releases. The band was fresh and both the instrumentals and the vocal tunes are strong and the playing powerful. IMHO, both TCOL and TPTB suffer from the same problem: while the instrumental pieces are still strong, though a little uneven, the vocal tunes are just plain weak.
spknoevl
ProjeKction Regular

Postby vrooom on Wed May 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Yeah, I couldn't understand JJ's involvement either as you would expect RF to wish for some kind of aural continuity between all the albums. I think SW is responsible for the classic era (1969-1974) and Jakko is doing the remainder.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Geno on Thu May 12, 2011 2:35 am

vrooom wrote:I think SW is responsible for the classic era (1969-1974)

Steven's also responsible for Beat, so better make that at least '82 (and I hope '84).
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook