free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Peeps make me some recs

Peeps make me some recs

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Peeps make me some recs

Postby Dog_none on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:27 am

On Sunday I travel to the land of fire and Ice(land) for a 2 week excursion which does not involve work, internets, phone, dealing with people in any kind of professional capacity, dealing with reality or really any of that kind of stuff.

It's gonna be a good two weeks that's fur shure. Good enough to miss witnessing Belew doing some painting with his guitar. And sos to celebrate the upcoming celebration I gots me a nice shiny new iPod Nano wid lotsa free spaces to put in the songses.

And this is where you all come in. Make me some album recommendations!! Preferably stuff I can download from Amazon.com (since I swore off eMusic a couple years ago). I don't know what I'm looking for, other than some unfamiliar stuff. I just want some new stuff to listen to on this trip. Recommend anything. I may or may not bite. I'm a fickle fish. But just think that you could be the one to recommend the album or song that Dog_none associates with his Iceland trip for the rest of his life! How cool would that be!!!!! (just make sure you don't recommend anything bad, or else I will publicly humiliate you)

You have until early Sunday mawning. Eastern Stanard Time.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Re: Peeps make me some recs

Postby Krimzep on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 am

A great album that I always bring when hitting the mountains is Santana's Caravansrai . this is a great album for relaxation especially if you're at a lake.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:57 am

I'll repeat the Amazon recommendations I posted awhile back, since the pricing is still good:

Now that eMusic's prices have gone up so much, I've been comparison shopping on Amazon before buying things. A couple of interesting finds on Amazon: the entire Brian Eno Neroli album for 99 cents (it's one track, and that's what they charge for it); the first three sides of the double LP Weather Report Live In Tokyo for 99 cents each (again, one long track each). That's 3/4 of the album for three bucks. To get the whole thing (two more tracks with a total running time of about 25 minutes) will run you $16.99 on Amazon, $9.60 on eMusic; but on eMusic you've got to buy the whole works to get any of the tracks.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:00 pm

vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:45 pm

I don't know how much you're into this, but right now Amazon has tons of classic Blue Note jazz albums for $3.68 apiece. Like Hank Mobley's Soul Station, Workout, & Roll Call, three of my favorites in the whole catalog. And there's some Art Blakey, Wayne Shorter...
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Ahhh...now that's a good idea. Thanks!
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Geno on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 pm

I would have recommend Go by Jonsi Birgisson if it wasn't past the deadline already. Then again, maybe that would have been too obvious a choice for Iceland. Oh well. Anyway, that kind of trip sounds fantastic. Hope you bring back some other cool stuff we've never heard of here.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby jtmack on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 am

Iceland the hippest freest place on the planet. Full report when you come back please!
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 am

Iceland is so late 1990s...

I remember reading how a lot of British musicians encamped over there in the late 90s and bought up all the properties. I know that Damon Albarn of Blur/Gorillaz owned a few of the nightclubs and spent his time fucking his way through a lot of the female population. I love the idea that when you arrive in the capital that you are greeted by a load of teenage kids who have a startling resemblance to him! :D
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:56 am

Them i''m to late....well i would have recommend Peter Parcek 3 - The Mathematics of Love a real good blues album. And i would have not recommend Sigur Rós as thats to predictable :wink:
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Main Guestbook