free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Mastee and Mastee Junior

Mastee and Mastee Junior

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Mastee and Mastee Junior

Postby emersonlevinpalmer on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:23 am

i wanna hear peoples thoughts on Mastee as a drummer... good yes.... crimson worthy, i say only by the bones of his ass. He had the handle on digital techonolgy which i spose was exactly what Piggy (Fripp ) wanted. And who am i to question him? The man is a certainty to be knighted (Fripp)...well should be anyway. But i must say i am a little "apprehensive" about Mastee Junior (Harrison) and where Mastee Junior will lead King Tree/Crimson Porcupine. Am i being paranoid or 21st century schizoid?
emersonlevinpalmer
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Re: Mastee and Mastee Junior

Postby vrooom on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Mister P@ is a workhorse of a drummer. A brutal force of nature who can knock you off your feet. That's why he worked well with Broof: BB has a certainly lightness in his playing while PM can squash you like a bug. I've not heard GH live, so it is hard for me to comment other than the stuff I've heard on records. Yeah, he's got that metronomic precision of BB, but I don't really get much "character" from his playing yet. But again, I'm only basing this on the PT records I've got so I'd prolly think differently in a live context.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:10 pm

P@ the beast was the meter that keep Crimson from fall off the edge. Just wondering how many times you've seen him play live ELP? The only really good player in PT is GH he is a powerful player live! Wilson is an uninspired performer lacking guts, soul, balls etc, in a word SW is pure fluff, oh sorry about that :lol: :mrgreen: .
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby emersonlevinpalmer on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

i dont mind PT at all, piggy obvsly kicked billyboy out to bring mastee in, so like i said piggy has always been light years ahead of the industry (after all its about im now..agreed yes?). but im just a lil concerned because crimsons ability to adapt to technology has always MET and ELABORATED and, at the same time progresed said technology further. Im afraid this PT re mastering/anniversary editions of old Crimson albums is almost like a "u scratch my back ill scratch urs" arrangement. I hope it's something that smashes drum and bass and dance floor anthems into obsoleteness. becuase i cant see it going anywhere else. besides pop chipmunk miley cirus mobile fone download windows 7 territory (windows 7 was a refernce to maybe piggy being a tiny selfish, lol ). The thought of this makes me nauseous. If this new Crimson Tree lineup isnt the "Discipline" of this chapter. I'm gonna be devastated and i know Piggy must be 100 percent certain it will work. I have faith in him, but the fact that he's needing outside help....makes me very very nervous.
emersonlevinpalmer
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby ghostjoshu on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Bill Bruford is it. KC have always had the power without havin a mega rock-steady drummer. No disrespect, but sometimes the beauty of the music out-muscles the punch.
Fire
Walk with me
ghostjoshu
ProjeKction Savant

Postby emersonlevinpalmer on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:19 pm

i agree with ghosty! bring BB out of retirement and u watch crimson take off on the pop charts! BB will rise again!
emersonlevinpalmer
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby jtmack on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:44 pm

First you have to have a Crimson as far as I know there's no plans to Crimson or is there? Yeah BB is great but he's not going to put up with "piggy's" :shock: BS anymore.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:46 pm

BB is dead. We is just waiting for him to be buried...

The same can be said of KC until the boys can get some manlove together and put the great scheduling disaster of 2009 behind them.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby ghostjoshu on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 am

It sure sux to be a crimso fan. I've never seen the glory. Like a lyric from another half decent band, "I wish it was the 60's, i wish i could be happy. I wish, i wish, i wish that somethin would happen."
Fire
Walk with me
ghostjoshu
ProjeKction Savant

Postby emersonlevinpalmer on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 am

i wish i got a chance too! oh well, my time machine will be finished soon
emersonlevinpalmer
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Return to Main Guestbook