free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - RIP to a Music Genius

RIP to a Music Genius

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: RIP to a Music Genius

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:20 pm

jtmack wrote: Not all is lost for the greedy promoters who own it.

Why are they greedy??? :roll:

Don't you think his fans over the world WANT this footage, including me, and hope a documentary does come forth soon featuring this final footage of his rehearsals? Have you been noticing the extreme hike in his record sales since his death, especially "Thriller"? The promoters are giving the fans what they want, and hopefully more, and calling them greedy is not exactly fair. Also, I heard today he has more than enough new material for two albums, including a classical album. We'll be seeing and hearing a lot of new Michael Jackson material for a long time, as it should be.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Not greedy...

In this case, it was Jackson's billionaire lifestyle on a millionaire's budget that got him into this financial mess. Instead of curbing his spending and working to get out of debt, he just secured his debts against the song catalogue he'd amassed with Sony bailing him out. The amount of money AEG spent in getting these gigs together and getting them underwritten by an insurer was phenomenal. Any footage released will make a lot of money, but most of that will go to pay off his debts.

In terms of the MusicBizTM, Jackson's situation is unique, but that's only because Sony wanted those Beatles songs...now they ain't necessarily gonna get them!
vrooom
Button Pusher

greed incorporated

Postby jtmack on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Good point Darren Jackson spent well beyond his means. Jackson thought he was doing only ten shows by the time greed incorporated was done it was fifty! These shows where added behind his back. Some believe the pressure may have contributed to his death.. I'm glad they (greed incorporated) made the tapes it too..
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:17 pm

I am very happy and glad, and somewhat shocked, that we seem to have fans here of MJ, and not everybody bringing up all his problems and shit in the past, well, maybe a little. The guy is dead, so I'm glad even the press is pretty much staying in step talking about his career and all the legal problems right now and the future, and his place in music history. Although he has/had all that debt that everybody knows about, the future earnings from his holdings in his estate will easily be worth a fortune for his kids. To me, that's the important part of this story.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 am

Thank you for your registration.

Sorry, we regret to inform you that your registration to attend the Public Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was not selected.Image
Hundreds of thousands registered, but only a few can be in attendance.

THANK YOU

Hey I had to give it a shot
I seen the YES tribute band with Asia tonight more later :roll: ...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 am

I got the same email. :-(

Though I applied under the name of Mr Edward Bay... :D
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:15 am

The film was actually quite good.
Gilesfan