free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Live Earth

Live Earth

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Postby vrooom on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Fred wrote:Was this available on a torrent site? Don't know about is so i'm curious now :?

Yes - it was on the Genesis Torrent site torrent.genesis-movement.org, but the band asked it to be removed because it was too good. :D

Recently the band organised a live simulcast of the Dusseldorf concent to many UK cinemas, complete with 5.1 surround sound. However, someone managed to make a pristine MPEG copy of the stream and made it into a torrent. There were a couple of different versions - one was HD with 5.1 spanning 17Gb, one was a two-disc DVD edition with 5.1 and a single DVD edition in stereo. I got the latter because, well, it would have taken forever even with my mighty fat broadband pipe. I'm sure it is still doing the rounds out there somewhere.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 pm

vrooom wrote:
Fred wrote:Was this available on a torrent site? Don't know about is so i'm curious now :?

Yes - it was on the Genesis Torrent site torrent.genesis-movement.org, but the band asked it to be removed because it was too good. :D

Recently the band organised a live simulcast of the Dusseldorf concent to many UK cinemas, complete with 5.1 surround sound. However, someone managed to make a pristine MPEG copy of the stream and made it into a torrent. There were a couple of different versions - one was HD with 5.1 spanning 17Gb, one was a two-disc DVD edition with 5.1 and a single DVD edition in stereo. I got the latter because, well, it would have taken forever even with my mighty fat broadband pipe. I'm sure it is still doing the rounds out there somewhere.

Darren

Aha...thanks for the tip there Darren. Will check that out tomorrow and find out if i get hold of a copy :twisted:

Fred

As i was typing this i find out that it is uploaded to a alt.binaries news group......to becontinued :wink:
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Previous

Return to Main Guestbook