free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Fripp & Summers: I Advanced Masked DEMOS!!

Fripp & Summers: I Advanced Masked DEMOS!!

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Fripp & Summers: I Advanced Masked DEMOS!!

Postby GrassySound on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:45 am

Someone on DIME just uploaded an amazingly rare gem of the above material! Check it out at: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=148991

What a great "Advance" treat for the remastered CD coming next Tuesday.
"Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm." - Frank Zappa
GrassySound
ProjeKction Fan

Postby octopus92 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:51 am

It has been banned since yesterday !
Happy the man, I've downloaded before it !
Maybe a guilty man here reported it to DGM.... :?
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Hans on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:22 pm

octopus92 wrote:It has been banned since yesterday !
Happy the man, I've downloaded before it !
Maybe a guilty man here reported it to DGM.... :?

As it has been stated before, Sid Smith checks out our forum from time to time (daily?). :roll:
Hans

worse than squirrel gravy

Postby picken on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Personally I would prefer that no links to unauthorised music are made on this site. I know that there is a mass of stuff out there and I know how easy it is to find it (like via Google).

Also I understand that getting a bootleg or mp3 may actually increase DGM turnover. Sooner or later you want the real thing and not a sleasy copy.

Nevertheless I feel uncomfortable if Projekction would allow advertising of unauthorised torrents.
picken
ProjeKction Regular

Postby scorched earth on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:42 pm

I agree with that sentiment, out of respect for Fripp, and it would seem to be consistent with what Darren was said, that he doesn't want this site to be involved in bootleg trading, to not allow that kind of thing. Avoiding any kind of moral argument here, I've suggested before that links like this could be counterproductive, in that it could lead to stuff getting banned.

So I guess I could say I told you so, but... In fact in the comments at DAD someone mentioned they informed DGM about this and even quoted a response from someone at DGM along the lines of, last November we were asked if we wanted this and said sure thing but that was the last we heard of it. (The copyrights in the original were owned by Summers' record company not Fripp's btw.)

Actually the simplest explanation is that mods at DAD banned this because it contains officially released material. Yes there are two, I believe, unreleased tracks, otherwise it mostly sounds like the same versions of tracks that were released on I Advanced Masked.
Can anyone actually hear any difference in say the "In the cloud forest" track? Some may be a different edit or be a rough mix, and perhaps some are a different recording, but it mostly sounds the same to me.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:56 am

For some reason I am having the most intense feeling of deja vu.

When I was in high school, there was a period of several months when I was having frequent experiences of deja vu and I convinced myself that it was because the world was nearing it's end. Basically, I theorized that time was spiraling inward and would eventually collapse into a single point, thus ending the universe. Deja vu happens as the spiral narrows and points in time become less distinct.

It's like having the same conversation again and again and again until eventually that conversation takes over and destroys the website.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Krimzep on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:45 am

Dog_none wrote:For some reason I am having the most intense feeling of deja vu.

When I was in high school, there was a period of several months when I was having frequent experiences of deja vu and I convinced myself that it was because the world was nearing it's end. Basically, I theorized that time was spiraling inward and would eventually collapse into a single point, thus ending the universe. Deja vu happens as the spiral narrows and points in time become less distinct.

It's like having the same conversation again and again and again until eventually that conversation takes over and destroys the website.

:lol:

had a post but figured it would just be more deja vu :wink:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby jtmack on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Krimzep wrote:
Dog_none wrote:For some reason I am having the most intense feeling of deja vu.

:lol:

had a post but figured it would just be more deja vu :wink:

Scorcheddom’s a one trick proghead, but at least he’s consistent. :roll: His trademark posts remind me of another Practice in futility :wank: Hey where's OwEn we need a pinhead that has some real spunk? :P
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Bitch, bitch, bitch. If you read my post you'll see that after two sentences rehashing, the bulk of it is about the Summers-Fripp download at DAD. I suggested it wasn't what it was advertised as being and no one has said otherwise. That's a contribution to the topic being discussed here, unlike some of the other posts here.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:11 pm

scorched earth wrote:Bitch, bitch, bitch. If you read my post you'll see that after two sentences rehashing, the bulk of it is about the Summers-Fripp download at DAD. I suggested it wasn't what it was advertised as being and no one has said otherwise. That's a contribution to the topic being discussed here, unlike some of the other posts here.

:lol: I heard there is a fan tape of Fripp takin a piss at one of the gigs!

you can find it at dozensofdimes :wink:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Main Guestbook