free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Trading Bootlegs & DGM Live Shows

Trading Bootlegs & DGM Live Shows

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Postby Dan Anderson on Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Yep, it's very toasty and I think Crimsonfan is some sort of lure to see who will trade goods that are for sale. Hmmmm...

Puritanical Dan
Dan Anderson
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Guest on Sun May 20, 2007 9:23 pm

vrooom wrote:Oh no, I wouldn't trade. I thought you wanted to know what it was like and who's already bought it. It's very good, you should BUY it, you cheapskate.
Darren

Cheapskate! Them there's fighting words from where I come from you fruity, teabag, fat bastard!

Seriously now. Go ahead and ask the boys at DGM how much cabbage, kopeks, bread, dirhams, pesos and arty Canadian dollars with attractive natures scenes I have spent there.

Cheapskate.... :lol: Just like I have said before. There's no way of really getting to know someone by just trading posts and barbs on some bromidic band forum.

And you want me to ask you what it's like, if it's very good? I think we've established that we both like K.C. Outside of their music we don't share too much common ground as far as tuneage goes. I've purused the "What are you listening to " thread and I am very surprised at some of the bands that the members of this board listens to.

People eat at McDonalds all the time. Some people like raw fish. Some people actually like the fare served at an English pub.
And what's really weird is some people seem to like some of the funny little songs that you write and perform on.

Asking people "what's good" just doesn't work.

Let's get back to illegal downloading. So, are you telling me that you have never downloaded copyright protected music off the net?

Cheapskate!!!? I have spent 39 years of my life playing music for a paycheaque. Money is definitely not the most important thing in my life. Hello...The lights are on but nobody's home. Or should I say; the lights are dim. Dim as that phlegmatic look on your face on your myspace page.

P.S. You're not going to call me a racist again because I refered to you as a teabag are you? I love the English. It's those trouble making Finlanders that I have a problem with.

Postby vrooom on Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm

You can try and pick a fight as much as you want, Rick Lazaroff, but this fishy ain't biting... ;-) You are wasting your time.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Hans on Mon May 21, 2007 6:58 am

laz wrote:P.S. You're not going to call me a racist again because I refered to you as a teabag are you? I love the English. It's those trouble making Finlanders that I have a problem with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh we Finns are trouble alright. Brian Eno obviously had a deeper knowledge about us when he wrote "The Seven Deadly Finns":

Oh, the French girls with their strings of pearls
Think it's such a burning shame
That the local boys with their country joys
Never make them daisy chains.

They're swapping disappointing incidents
While at the dock another ship pulls in
And suddenly the door breaks down (Hourah!)
It's the Seven Deadly Finns!

Oh soldiers and sailors
Have all been there before:
Gigolos and governments
Have tumbled through that door.

Because they need those French girls
With all their kiss-curls
And powder in their guns
And the Seven Finns with the deadly grins
Tend to measure beauty in tons!

The first is a freak with a masochistic streak
And the second is a kitten up a tree
The third is a flirt with an awful print skirt
And the fourth is pretending to be me
The fifth wears a mac and never turns his back
And the sixth never shows his eyes
But the Seventh Deadly Finn is so tall and slim,
He shouldanever been with those guys.

Although variety is the spice of life,
A steady rhythm is the source
Simplicity is the crucial thing
Systemically of course
(work it on out like Norbert Weiner)

So when those French Girls say to you
"Would you like your ashes raked?"
You'll have to take their word for it:
It's the only thing to take...

(Yodelling chorus)
Hans

Postby Guest on Mon May 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Yodelling? A chorus of yodelling follows these lyrics. If there's one thing I can't stand it's yodelling. (Pardon my ignorance) I'm assuming these are lyrics to a song I'm not familiar with. It's funny how someone can have such a way with words yet can't play an instrument at all.

We are definitely all wired up differently aren't we?

Did you catch that goal by Teemu Selanne last night. No one would take him as the one who would pop in the overtime goal on the broadcast. One little mistake by the Red Wing defender and Teemmu with one move right, one move left, and a backhand to the top shelf past Hasek.

Now that's a deadly Finn.

Postby vrooom on Mon May 21, 2007 5:49 pm

laz wrote:It's funny how someone can have such a way with words yet can't play an instrument at all.

Eno is a multi instrumentalist who feigns incompetence. Read the Talking Heads biography for details.

laz wrote:We are definitely all wired up differently aren't we?

Thankfully, yes!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Guest on Mon May 21, 2007 6:09 pm

vrooom wrote:Eno is a multi instrumentalist who feigns incompetence. Read the Talking Heads biography for details.

Feigns or embraces.

Postby vrooom on Mon May 21, 2007 6:20 pm

laz wrote:Feigns or embraces.

You'd have to ask him that... :P

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby evktalo on Mon May 21, 2007 8:57 pm

laz wrote:Did you catch that goal by Teemu Selanne last night.

That guy definitely got back to the groove at the right minute. Nice goal.

Hockey World Championships inspired me to start yet another season in EA's NHL Hockey videogame.. you know, the first PC version from 1994. That happens to me every year.. I played that game first time over ten years ago, it's nowadays so easy to score a goal that I've had to edit all the players on my team to be worse (almost as bad as possible) so I can get some challenge against the computer. It's still a great game..

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed May 23, 2007 5:56 pm

Hasek used to be an incredibly good goalie, but I've now come to the conclusion that he is the easiest goalie in the NHL to beat. He does the same thing every time. All anyone has to do is create a bit of a frecas in front of the net and Hasek will eventually flop onto his back doing a snow-angel. Then you simply pop the puck over his supine body. Works every time. Anaheim proved that last night. Every single goal looked exactly the same. Hasek is past it, no doubt.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook