free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Music Questions

Music Questions

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: Music Questions

Postby Indyrod on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 am

Riverman wrote:Must not have been a big deal anyway, if it's not that memorable.....

It's a very big deal, or I wouldn't have mentioned it. Someone I know, just bought one from a discount store, and I don't know whether to warn them or not, or to buy a corrected one myself. Sid Smith promised me one, but never delivered.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:22 pm

You could sit with your back to the TV, that way the channels are corrected with minimal fuss. But, I hear you whine, "What about the seeing the TV?". Well, get yourself a hand mirror and position it so that you can watch the TV over your shoulder. Problem solved, money saved, DGM denied your hard-earned cash! I win again.

No, don't thank me. It's all part of the job. :D
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Dog_none on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:55 pm

vrooom wrote:Well, get yourself a hand mirror and position it so that you can watch the TV over your shoulder. Problem solved,

No, then everyone would be on the wrong side of the stage, playing left-handed.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby MarkSullivan on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:20 pm

vrooom wrote:You could sit with your back to the TV, that way the channels are corrected with minimal fuss. But, I hear you whine, "What about the seeing the TV?". Well, get yourself a hand mirror and position it so that you can watch the TV over your shoulder. Problem solved, money saved, DGM denied your hard-earned cash! I win again.

No, don't thank me. It's all part of the job. :D

It's nice to see that your recent misfortunes have not impaired your sardonic sense of humor: this one got an audible snort out of me.

Better luck in the coming year, Darren.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:17 pm

Dog_none wrote:
vrooom wrote:Well, get yourself a hand mirror and position it so that you can watch the TV over your shoulder. Problem solved,

No, then everyone would be on the wrong side of the stage, playing left-handed.

OK - maybe we'd need more mirrors...

Or you could use that webcam that you have and use for all those cybersex sessions you indulge in (yeah, we know about your crotch-cam) and point that at the screen while peering at your computer screen. Most webcams have a setting for "mirror image", so you can flip the picture around.

This is getting too complicated. Look, just move to Europe, get a job, get a flat, buy a region 2 DVD player and the EU version of EWO and your problems are solved. :D

Happy New Year!

PS. My sense of humour never left me. In fact, we often joke about how our collective family humour has pulled us through this period (the repair bill is going to top £60,000 - whoo-hooo!). We are proud East End London stock, whose families made it through the Blitz with their chirpy Cockney charm and a song. Yes, we are mere stereotypes, but aren't we all? ;-)
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 pm

oh well, you guys have officially been NO help in my little crisis. Is this one of those questions, that is literally NOT KNOWN???
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Riverman on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am

Maybe it's one of Rumsfeld's unknown unknowns. I don't know. Do we really want to know? You wouldn't know that until you knew, then you'd know if you'd wanted to know, but it'd be too late since you'd already know.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby RYG on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Does anyone have Keith Tippitt's "Dedicated to You But You Weren't Listening" ? It seems like it's been re-issued this month but in the U.S., it's only available as an import. It's got a great list of players on it so I'd like to get it, but, if it's no good, then my thinking is why spend the extra $$s ? What are the stand-out tracks, if any ?
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Owen on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 pm

It's brilliant.

Get it.
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm

RYG wrote:Does anyone have Keith Tippitt's "Dedicated to You But You Weren't Listening" ? It seems like it's been re-issued this month but in the U.S., it's only available as an import. It's got a great list of players on it so I'd like to get it, but, if it's no good, then my thinking is why spend the extra $$s ? What are the stand-out tracks, if any ?

My copy is on the way... I've ordered it from Amazon UK (GBP 8.68 + shipping) last week.

A reviewer at Amazon UK wrote:Buy this quickly, they are only making 3,000 copies.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook