free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - If you have nothing to say, think of something PART TWO

If you have nothing to say, think of something PART TWO

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: If you have nothing to say, think of something PART TWO

Postby diderot on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Don't know if you have seen it yet, but I liked the cover.

Go to his site, page down to Killer Queen Cover and play...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Yes, it is very good. However, I am still smarting from YouTube flagging my account for copyright infringement for posting Verity singing her version of "Bohemian Rhapsody". Seems there is one rule for partners of YouTube (who earn money from advertising, like this guy) and the rest of us who don't earn any money from posting videos. Cynical, me? You betcha!
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:39 am

I'd love to see! Is it available in the net (hint, hint)?
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm uploading to my Facebook page now, Diderot. I'll probably put it on my site too.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Dog_none on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 pm

vrooom wrote:Yes, it is very good. However, I am still smarting from YouTube flagging my account for copyright infringement for posting Verity singing her version of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Seriously? That seems a tad absurd.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby vrooom on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Dog_none wrote:
vrooom wrote:Yes, it is very good. However, I am still smarting from YouTube flagging my account for copyright infringement for posting Verity singing her version of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Seriously? That seems a tad absurd.

You are telling me! The way YouTube works is that if you post anything that has a copyright on it and the copyright holders inform them of an infringement, then they can suspend your account. As I have a lot of my own ambient noodlings on that account, I thought I'd better remove it before my account was suspended. Of course, someone might have taken exception to the video and reported me for all I know, but there are a bazillion cover versions on YouTube - most of them from non-partners who don't make money from the site.

I must admit it takes a lot to upset me and I am a little peeved at this because there's absolutely no commercial value in my daughter singing Bohemian Rhapsody - it's just a cute video that music fans would go "awwww!" to. And it was Verity's idea!!! (Hey, I can use that excuse whenever I get into trouble on the net now!). :D
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Geno on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Isn't it just the original recordings that are copyrighted and illegal to distribute? I thought other renditions weren't covered by the same restrictions.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby vrooom on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Geno wrote:Isn't it just the original recordings that are copyrighted and illegal to distribute? I thought other renditions weren't covered by the same restrictions.

I don't know. I just got the warning on my account and took the video down. I got a message saying that if I thought it was fair use (in the US) that I'd be OK. But seeing as I am in the UK and the company flagging it for copyright violation was EMI, I thought I'd better retreat. :roll:
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby vrooom on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Here is my video overview of the new Bjork "Biophilia" iPad App:

http://www.darrenlock.com/2011/07/21/ip ... -by-bjork/
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby spknoevl on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Geno wrote:Isn't it just the original recordings that are copyrighted and illegal to distribute? I thought other renditions weren't covered by the same restrictions.

Most copyrights laws protect the performance and the music itself. However, the laws are really to protect the rights owner from the unauthorized commercial use of their material. Going after cover versions on youtube is something most music publishers and artists don't bother with, with a few notable exceptions.

Technically they were in their right to take the video down; whether it was worth their while is another matter altogether. I doubt that any of the members of Queen would have cared.
spknoevl
ProjeKction Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook