free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKction members' music projects

ProjeKction members' music projects

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: ProjeKction members' music projects

Postby Indyrod on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 pm

vrooom wrote:Well my new collection of stuff is finished and this is probably on the only thing on it that will appeal to the King Crimson brigade...

It's a song from my concept album (yes, really) called "Americana" in which the hero gets sent to Hell for being a bit daft.

https://soundcloud.com/vrooom/11-the-lo ... e-19-04-13

wow, that pretty much sounds like a voyage to hell. I love the intensity and buildup, and I do see a little KC there, but not that much. maybe the driving crushing layered guitars remind me of several KC songs. only thing I might suggest some additional work, is the vocals and how they fit into the narrative of the theme. that's the first song I've listened to from your new concept album, and I want to listen to it from start to finish, as you should with any concept album. your instrumental skills are impeccable, and the composition shows a lot of promise.

how close are you to the finished product?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm

The actual recording is finished. I am planning to do a "proper" tangible release of this with a CD/DVD in a digipak. I just need to mix the 5.1 surround sound and work on the DVD and that's that. So it might be properly ready in a month or so.

However, check this out:

vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm

ok, you have some neat toys and putting them together to create, I assume, your largest project ever. impressive to say the least, but reading some of the lyrics and not the overall narrative, I'm wondering if this is a historical look at America, a negative or positive reflection from a British perspective, or what? whichever, it's interesting to me, and I look forward to checking it out.

Indyrod

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 pm

It's just a work of fiction put to music - a man is given the chance to live his dream, but at a cost. You know, standard concept album stuff.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

little Faust going on then... cool, I like deals with the devil... :twisted:

Indyrod

Postby vrooom on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm

And if anyone out there is interested, "Americana" is now ready for pre-order.

http://darrenlock.bandcamp.com/album/americana

Compact Disc & DVD featuring 5.1 Surround Sound Mix
The album began with the idea to create music that elicited the imagination to conjure up the sweeping vistas of America. Then the word Americana got stuck in my head. Then as I started to create the music, I thought wouldn't it be nice to tell a story of a man who is in love with the American dream who gets a chance to trade in his life for another.

And so something that was going to be instrumental became a modern-day concept album telling the story of Eddie Pilgrim: The Last of the Electric Horsemen. The music tells a story both thematically and narratively and puts the hero in a very Faustian conundrum, but where would the Devil reside? Why in Las Vegas, of course! And so the gamble is played out on the roulette table and a decision needs to be made.

The music is eclectic: being painted instrumental, guitar driven pop to out-and-out progressive rock featuring a splash of faux mellotron to whet your whistle.

The CD version of the album comes complete with a second disc, which is a DVD that contains a 5.1 surround sound mix in both DTS and Dolby Digital, plus the stereo mix and a commentary track from myself talking about the making of the album. There's also a discography track that features 60 minutes of music from my back catalogue and two bonus extra videos that didn't make the final edit. The DVD-ROM section of the disc contains a PDF of the book of the album and a free multimedia eBook that's compatible with the iPad.

So for your money you get over three hours of original content and the electronic album sleeve that takes you through the story of Eddie Pilgrim and his fight against the things he desires.

Pre-order includes immediate download of 13 tracks in your choice of high-quality MP3, FLAC, or other formats. A link to the complete album will be emailed to you the moment it’s released.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby rickphilpott on Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 am

i was in an apt. band named Steel Head Primer, our best tune was Jam Till the Cops Come, worked every time.................moved on and got us a garage and recorded the tune Heavy Metal Meltdown on 1 track, had a ludwig concert tom set, double bass and all the shit, Bozzio woulda loved it, when the rythym players wife heard our recording she squashed the whole deal as we were being funded buy the ol man and his brother, she believed that he would have abundant groupies and didn't like that idea, we all went on to our destinies, the lead guitar traded his shit for piankilers and antidepressants, the rythym became a commercial appliance repairman eventually trading all his shit for the crack pipe, i on the other hand took the higher road and became a hopeless alcoholic, have always been a Kc follower and believe my taste in music and the California Drug Court Program have put me on the right course towards fame and fortune, i been thinkin about gettin a Pair of Bongos
<=> )|(
rickphilpott
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby vrooom on Mon May 13, 2013 4:01 pm

For anyone who might be interested, the CD/DVDs have been pressed and have already been sent out to those who pre-ordered, but don't let that put you off buying your own copy of my new album "Americana" - it's a concept album (honest) and rather fun if I say so myself:

http://darrenlock.bandcamp.com/album/americana

The link has lots of nice pictures of the artwork and all the extra gubbins you get when you buy it from my website.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Hey Darren, I think you have subject for your next conceptual album!
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 pm

diderot wrote:Hey Darren, I think you have subject for your next conceptual album!

No comment...
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook