free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKction members' music projects

ProjeKction members' music projects

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: ProjeKction members' music projects

Postby MarkSullivan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 am

Glenn Seitz wrote:35 years ago I had a Fender Precision bass that was about 15 years old when I bought it. Anyway, the fifth string - is it for higher notes (could be irritating) or lower notes (could be inaudible)?

Lower. It's a great big fat string--looks like a bass string from a piano--usually tuned to B. So it's a fourth below the low E, normal guitar tuning. The lowest notes are hard to hear unless you've got a good amp. But the real power lies in all the easier fingerings you get in the higher positions. It's like having another pair of strings for walking bass lines and other pattern playing.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Yup - my six string bass is tuned BEADGC - FWIW.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:35 am

EruditeMan wrote:Watching Wind
http://snd.sc/XteMi4

instrumental song, I looped two guitar solo tracks over the initial recording of the rhythm guitar track. One track playing chords, another soloing, another playing more bass parts.

Anyone check out this, or any of my other stuff? I meant to say I layered guitar tracks, not looped them. I'm just playing acoustic guitar with myself.

Another song I did is called Perception is Green, with a Crimson inspired intro / outro lick. It's three guitars, two in 5/8 and the other in 7/8

https://soundcloud.com/chrisvervoort/pe ... n-is-green
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Indyrod on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:58 am

ok, I listened to "Perception is Green" and it is technically very good. and I hear the KC influence in the parts you suggested. but it's really a little too mellow for my tastes, at least right now. of course they change all the time, and you certainly have the talent. don't know what the other members think, but it's worth a listen, I mean, he is a member and did post his own work. good job, but as I qualified it, not to my personal taste currently. :?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 am

Thanks, I usually do mellow stuff and to each their own! Since that version of Perception is Green has bad quality recording I've been thinking of re-doing it with my new mic and updating parts of it.

The KC inspired intro I thought could use some re-working. So here's just that part, all that I have done of the new version. It's only a minute long so please give it a listen. Crimson fans should enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/chrisvervoort/pe ... reen-intro
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby steven on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 am

EruditeMan....I love your Perception is Green! Thank you for sharing it....I can see the Frippish influence at various point, especially the ending. But, who cares? I love it on its own merit, and I must say it made me feel happy listening to it right now, and if you knew what shite my life has been, for the last 7 years at least, you would know what an impressive accomplishment that is =) Bless you....and keep up the hard work! =)
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

steven wrote:EruditeMan....I love your Perception is Green! Thank you for sharing it....I can see the Frippish influence at various point, especially the ending. But, who cares? I love it on its own merit, and I must say it made me feel happy listening to it right now, and if you knew what shite my life has been, for the last 7 years at least, you would know what an impressive accomplishment that is =) Bless you....and keep up the hard work! =)

too bad there is no "Like" button here, or I would have given you one for that post. nice to see you back steven, hope things are turning around for you.

Indyrod

Postby Krimzep on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 pm

WoW! Perception is Green, very nice work!
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

EruditeMan wrote:
The KC inspired intro I thought could use some re-working. So here's just that part, all that I have done of the new version. It's only a minute long so please give it a listen. Crimson fans should enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/chrisvervoort/pe ... reen-intro

very very nice Chris, that's sounding awesome. keep it up, it's growing on me. 8)

Indyrod

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Well my new collection of stuff is finished and this is probably on the only thing on it that will appeal to the King Crimson brigade...

It's a song from my concept album (yes, really) called "Americana" in which the hero gets sent to Hell for being a bit daft.

https://soundcloud.com/vrooom/11-the-lo ... e-19-04-13
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook