free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - How do you feel today?

How do you feel today?

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

How do you feel today?

Postby Indyrod on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:37 pm

So here we are...

Question is, did ProjeKction do something wrong? Did we deserve to be under attack from David Singleton and DGM? What do you think about it all? Where do you want ProjeKction to go from here?

And most of all, how will this affect your business transactions and attitude towards DGM, David Singleton, King Crimson, and Robert Fripp in general?

Are you still the Crimhead you always were?

Are you tired of hearing Robert Fripp's complaints?

Are you just tired period and want to be left alone?

Are you having a bad day at work or home, and need to shout out a little bit today?

Whatever it may be, this is the place to post it.
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby oveh on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:59 pm

These are not easy questions to answer.
I feel just one important thing missing here:

Thanks To Darren, and what he as done in here.

More thoughts tomorrow, but one hint:
DS/DGM........., reactions, and what I expect from them regarding the treatment of Darren and this forum.

Guess that's going to be the issue in here, in addition to the road ahead fro Projekction.

Ove
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby icrp1961 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:01 pm

Yes
I am tired of all these complaints....
I spent a lot of money, from 1994 onwards, on Fripp's (and other DGM's artists and Guitar Craft's alumni) related cds, dvds, etc...
But I am almost tired of it.
To download every concert! Is this the end of KCCC?
I believed than even Singleton was tired...
We are fans "aficionados" not bootleggers, there is no abusive profit...
Perhaps is just the time to look for other horizons, breath fresh air, I don't know yet. Fripps work and King Crimson had been the Axis of my life during the last eight years of my life (as a biographer , I published a bokk about Crimson in Spain in 1999), the peak of a personal history that began in 1977 after hearing the Young Persons' Guide to King Crimson.
Carlos Romeo.
icrp1961
ProjeKction Abecedarian

How Do I Feel?

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:15 pm

I feel pretty damn bad. I mean, we worked on this Evil Crafty Plot for MONTHS trying to bring this site down and FOR WHAT?!?! Nothing! After all this FraKctured (erm, I mean ProjeKction) is still here! DAMN!

(Kicks the dirt in frustration)
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Dealings

Postby L.RayRojo on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:33 pm

Hey....what the F....
Did someone move the couch?

Maybe I'll just sit down for a second and think this out...

Whatever comes thanks to Darren for what you've put into this site and good luck Indy.
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Indyrod on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:55 pm

L.Ray, I noticed you tried to upload an avatar and it wasn't working. I figured out why, so please try it again. thanks
Last edited by Indyrod on Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod

Expectations

Postby crimcinnaman on Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:09 pm

No screaming, going pretty well here today.

I feel great! I awoke pre-dawn and saw the moon an hour or four after it had slid by Jupiter. Extraordinary!!! It will be chasing Mars and Venus in a few more days.

Crimson is still King!

I love reading about Robert Fripp's complaints.

I need a nap, but pointed sticks are at me now.

Darren, hope you feel better by the New Year.

I dedicate this song to you "Looking for Love (In All the Wrong Places)"

Johnny Lee wrote:I was looking for love in all the wrong places.
Looking for love in too many faces.
Searching their eyes, looking for traces
of what I'm dreaming of.

I've also enjoyed reading about Darren's complaints too and will certainly miss the opportunity to be a fly on the wall.

This next chapter with Indy at the wheel should be fantastic!!!

I'm tingly!

Drivers start your engines for the next running of the Indy 500!!!
:wank: :wank: :wank:
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion

Re: How do you feel today?

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:30 pm

Indyrod wrote:So here we are...

Question is,

Q: Did ProjeKction do something wrong?
A: In the most extreme technical sense, yes, but, as they say, it's not as bad as all that.

Q: Did we deserve to be under attack from David Singleton and DGM?
A: No we didn't. We haven't harmed anyone or robbed anyone of profit. Besides, the good we've done more than makes up for any misstep we might have made. Singleton's ire was a bit out of proportion to the infraction he was responding to. He came at us like we're some kind of hate group whose mission is to destroy King Crimson and all it stands for. Singleton's letter puts me in mind of TimeWarner's attack on fan sites for Harry Potter. Their lawyers actually sent threatening letters to 8-year-old girls forcing them to take down their little sites. I know we're adults (again, in the technical sense), but the reactionism we're being subject to is no different.

Q: What do you think about it all? Where do you want ProjeKction to go from here?
A: Despite the shock, we could choose to view this as a speedbump and not a brick wall. Now more than ever, there are important things to talk about, so now more than ever, the message board is needed. What are we supposed to do, turn to our coworkers and say, "You know what that bastard David Singleton did?" Yeah, right.

Q: And most of all, how will this affect your business transactions and attitude towards DGM, David Singleton, King Crimson, and Robert Fripp in general?
A: I will most likely purchase general market items through Amazon or something, and only use DGM for the KCCC releases. (They do have us by the short hairs on that one). I will give strong consideration to downloading from Russia-based media services.

Q: Are you still the Crimhead you always were?
A: Yes. At the end of the day, listening to the music is more important than talking about it.

Q: Are you tired of hearing Robert Fripp's complaints?
A: Have been since the mid-80s. But I'm not tired of hearing his guitar playing, which is why I keep coming back for more.

Q: Are you just tired period and want to be left alone?
A: I'm weary of all this bullshit. I'm weary of politics and corporate America. Despite what Fripp thinks about the music industry, he runs the most impersonal music business around and is now treating his own fans the same way the music industry dumps on its own customers. If this website goes away, then I guess I'll have even less reason to care about what happens to whom and just get the music I want any way I can, if you know what I mean. Why should we care now?

I guess the day wasn't a total loss. I found out that my cat that is dying is not dying as rapidly as he could be. He might make it through Christmas. Merry fucking Christmas.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:32 pm

I feel like DGM is, as usual, taking itself way too seriously.

I really like King Crimson's music - I don't care if Fripp is an asshole.

I'm disappointed that Darren has had enough.

I'm disappointed that Windyrod is his annointed successor.

Gee, if only there was another place on the Internet to hang out...
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Indyrod on Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:43 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:I'm disappointed that Windyrod is his annointed successor.

Hey, I didn't ask for this, nor did I want it, but to keep the place alive I had NOOOOOOOOOOOOO choice. So, I gotsta do wats I gotsta do and try and keep it going. dats all der is bout dat.

And hey again, I'm gonna try and be reaaaaaaaaal nice tooooo. :twisted:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod

Next

Return to Main Guestbook