free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Inner Knot Newsletter

Inner Knot Newsletter

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: BB freebee?

Postby vrooom on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:43 am

MALCOLM XERXESâ„¢ wrote:
vrooom wrote:
L.RayRojo wrote:Just visited BB's site and ordered the sampler. There is a $3.00 shipping charge but no other charges.

:roll:

$7.00 shipping for me. So I ordered the Bruford/Moraz CDs to make it, er, more worthwhile. I am going to give the package to The Missus so she can wrap them up and give me them for Xmas. :D

Darren
DAZ,

Does this mean that MORAZ/BRUFORD: "MUSIC FOR PIANO & DRUMS" has been made available on CD once again?

Yup - and the other Moraz/Bruford album too. You've got some catching up to do, fella.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred Zappelin on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:01 am

Got the newletter today. I was right, DGM made a mistake on the newsletter, Club 29 is Heidleburg '74. I guess we know what #30 is! Preorders for #29 start 3-31.

Maybe someone will post the whole thing here soon. There were some other interesting things mentioned like the Poseidon remaster.
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:03 am

Fred Zappelin wrote:There were some other interesting things mentioned like the Poseidon remaster.

And the mildest hint at a new edition of "Exposure" too...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred Zappelin on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:07 am

vrooom wrote:
Fred Zappelin wrote:There were some other interesting things mentioned like the Poseidon remaster.

And the mildest hint at a new edition of "Exposure" too...

Darren

I picked up the LP of that at a flea market for $7, in mint shape. I think it's an original. Doesn't have an '80s date on it anywhere. I'll probably have to buy it on CD now too.
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:14 am

Fred Zappelin wrote:I picked up the LP of that at a flea market for $7, in mint shape. I think it's an original. Doesn't have an '80s date on it anywhere. I'll probably have to buy it on CD now too.

Well the "old" CD version was quite different to the LP version anyway (RF remixed the album) so who knows what the "new" version will bring. We all hope it will be a double CD - one version being the "original" album and the other featuring all the missing Daryl Hall tracks that were dropped, right?

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:51 pm

Oh well, seeing as no-one else could be bothered. :roll:

The money-grabbing minions of questionable parentage at DGM in their monthly email wrote:Releases from the Inner Knot/DGM march on, pardon the pun. From In The Wake Of Poseidon, to a classic t-shirt, to some CDs from newer artists, read on for details in this monthly update.

In The Wake Of Poseidon

Pre-order your copy of the second album from King Crimson now. Packaged in a jewel case, this release contains two extra tracks, namely the single of Cat Food and its B-Side, Groon.

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon

Jewel Cases Only

We continue to receive inquiries as to packaging of the King Crimson classics from In The Court through Thrak. These titles are now being packaged in jewel cases only. They will not be released in mini-LP or gatefold format. For titles that have not yet been remastered, such as Robert Fripp's Exposure, packaging details to be determined.

A Classic Tee

Due to popular demand, we have brought back the In The Court t-shirts with the previous design with album cover on the front and the moon face and hands on the back. Available in black only.

T-Shirt - In The Court Of The Crimson King

Club 29

Many of you questioned our last newsletter which listed the Brighton Dome as the next Club release, and you were correct! We were mistaken. Club 29 will actually be King Crimson, Live at Heidelberg, March 20, 1974. We will add this to the shop as a pre-order on March 31st.

Degrees of Separation Contest

You have until the 31st of March to submit your entries connecting Robert Fripp to Louis Armstrong in as few degrees as possible. Please refer to the inner knot news page located at the dgm website for details on contest rules.

Willie Oteri Album With Some Well Known Players

We're proud to announce SPIRAL OUT by Willie Oteri to the shop. It features some players whose names you may have heard!

Mike Keneally: Organ, Fender Rhodes; Tony Levin: Bass, Whistle; Pat Mastelotto: Drums; Ephram Zimolest Owens: Trumpet; Ronan Chris Murphy: Fender Rhodes; Willie Oteri: Guitar

Review by Bruce Stringer
Produced, recorded and mixed by Ronan Chris Murphy, "Spiral Out" is an extension of the improvisational outings that made acts like John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra and Tony Williams Lifetime, King Crimson and even Frank Zappa the uniquely memorable experience that made musical history. Whatever is in Willie Oteri's water, I think it's high time that it was poured into the two dimensional cesspool which is what some of the homogenized and pasteurized modern music industry has become today. Gone are the walls of conformity and the limitations of clichéd musical formats. What this stripped down skeleton of raw musical talent leaves us is pure musical spontaneity. This is pure back brain music with a brilliant cast. Tony Levin crosses the sound waves with skin maestro Pat Mastelotto and keys man Mike Keneally, all the while allowing Willie's guitar madness to take off and to subtly lay a musical platform for the Miles-esque trumpet of Ephraim Owens. Production genius, Murphy, is also released onto the recording with some Rhodes piano playing proving that music can once again allow the 'spirit of adventure' breathe through it.

We did not have a chance to insert the link to this album, but you can easily find it by clicking on the "new to shop" link below.

Review Contest Winner

With his review of the 21st Century Guide to King Crimson, focusing on the interviews, Ulrich Spiegel has been chosen as winner for this month. He will receive a free Club CD of his choice, and will be able to choose three CDs to sell in his category for the month of March. The categories from the previous two winners are still available as well, including Louie's Choices: Neal Morse - Testimony / Jars Of Clay - Jars Of Clay / Beatles - Abbey Road.

This contest is designed to encourage more customers to submit reviews for products in the shop. We will choose a grand prize winner later this year from all monthly winners. Details to be announced at a later date.

New To The Shop

Kabusacki 6.1 - La Maravilla
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
Bob Williams - Falling West
Al Di Meola - One Of These Nights (DVD)
Willie Oteri - Spiral Out (Japanese Import)Adrian Belew - Side One
Markus Reuter - The Longest In Terms Of Being
Miles Davis - The Cool Jazz Sound (DVD)
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Works Live
Sun Palace - Give Me a Perfect World
Centrozoon - The Cult Of: Bibbiboo
Steve Howe - Live Legends - Careful With That Axe (DVD)
King Crimson - CC- Live in Warsaw, June 11, 2000
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (Original Master)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:12 pm

Fred Zappelin wrote:Got the newletter today. I was right, DGM made a mistake on the newsletter, Club 29 is Heidleburg '74.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I see they have the new "Mars Volta" album. As much as I disliked them when I saw them open for "A Perfect Circle" last year, I heard a track from their new album, and it was sensational. I forget what the name of the track was, but it was much mellower than anything on "De-Loused in the Comatorium". BTW, you can get this album at the following web site for $7.98 with free shipping. It's where I buy all my DVDS and CDS now.

Frances the Mule
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:10 am

Picked up the new Mars Volta today, $10 at a local Sam Goody's. Will be checking it out tonight. I like when new releases are that cheap. More labels should do that.

I'm tempted to buy the first two KC CDs again at DGM along with Club 29 next month, but then there's the shipping cost factor :roll: . Haven't found them much cheaper anywhere else yet. The new DGM remasters are listed under imports at CD Universe for some strange reason. Are they actually all going to be imports?
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:05 am

the new one:

Dear friends,

Straight to our update....

ITCOTCK

Available now, a new dual-disc version contains the classic CD, while the DVD contains rare footage from 1969. Being a
new format, the cost is a bit high at $99.99, but worth it for all KC enthusiasts.

D.O.S. Quiz

The new quiz begins today....connect RF to Sting in as few steps as possible.

Of Course We Are Just Joking!!April Fools

It's been a long day; too long of a day to carry on the joke any further, but we could not let April 1st go by without throwing
some sort of curve ball. Although an interesting format, we do not have plans to release ITCOTCK as a dual disc, and
surely not with a $99.99 price. As for the Degrees of Separation Quiz, do you honestly think we would give you something
THAT easy?? Please read on for the REAL April update from Inner Knot.

CLUB 29

Pre-order a copy of KC, Live in Heidelberg, March 20, 1974, now. We will be uploading the text and album cover art as
soon as we receive them this weekend. For those who know they want the CD regardless, you can order now. If you prefer
to wait for more information, please check back early next week. The CDs should be in stock mid-April.

King Crimson - Live in Heidelberg, 1974

Degrees of Separation - The Real Quiz

Connect Robert Fripp to Curt Cobain in as few steps as possible. Please e-mail your solution to mailorderdgm@aol.com
with the subject header "DOS". The Inner Knot News Page contains detailed rules on this contest.

D.O.S. - Recent Winner

Our last quiz, which ended yesterday, asked that contestants connect RF to Louis Armstrong in as few steps as possible.
Although one entry did so in two steps, we are awaiting confirmation from him as we were not able to confirm that his
solution is correct. If he can supply details of this, we will announce to the Inner Knot News Page and send him a free Club
CD as well. In the meantime, about thirty of you were able to connect them in three degrees. We will post some solutions to
the Inner Knot News Page. We did choose one winner at random from the group, and believe it or not (this is completely
legit, and not an April Fools joke), we chose Sid Smith's entry. Sid is entitled to win a free Club CD of his choice.
Congratulations, Sid! We are happy to know you retained some of the info you compiled when writing your book!

ITWOP and EQUATORIAL STARS

Both the new version of In The Wake Of Poseidon, containing the two extra tracks, and Equatorial Stars from Fripp and
Eno, are available on line, or in your local music shops, now.

Fripp & Eno - The Equatorial Stars

Review Contest

Last month's winner, Ulrich Spiegel, chose some interesting selections for his category last month. Check out "Ulrich's
Choices" category for details.

Our winner for the month of April is Paul Ferguson from Scotland with his review of a Mars Volta album. We will be
posting Paul's Category next week.

Reviews In General

Just a reminder that the review portion of the shop is for reviews only. We reserve the right to determine whether or not an
entry is posted. We DO NOT base posting the reviews on whether or not the review is positive, but they must be honest
assessments of a work. The review section is not for questions about a product, or angry comments about DGM in general.
Please send questions about product to mailorderdgm@aol.com. We know we sometimes get behind on answering these
e-mails due to large number we receive each day, but we do our absolute best to answer them all as fast as we can.

New To The Shop

Fripp & Eno - The Equatorial Stars
Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino/Twang Bar King (Import)
Adrian Belew - Side One
Brian Eno - Apollo (Original Masters)
Brian Eno - Music For Films (Original Masters)
Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon (Original Masters)
David Bowie - David Live (Remastered)
David Bowie - Stage (Remastered)
Kabusacki 6.1 - La Maravilla
Sun Palace - Give Me a Perfect World

New To The Shop

We think that is all for this month, but we often remember news to include in our monthly updates as soon as we send them.
If we do this month, we may send a mid-month update as well as post to the Inner Knot News Page.

Best wishes to all from a very warm and sunny Los Angeles (this week has been amazingly warm and beautiful). For those
in the U.S. in areas that observe daylight savings, remember to change your clocks this Saturday night/Sunday morning. For
those in England and other countries who switched to Daylight Savings last week, we will be back to an 8-hour difference
next week (this 9 hour difference for one week really threw us off track for a few days!).

Enjoy
, Amy, Sandy, Bill, Maren (a new part-timer), and Zach (our amazing intern),
The Inner Knot Team

Discipline Global Mobile
http://www.disciplineglobalmobile.com/order/
mailorderdgm@aol.com

Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:10 am

Indyrod wrote:the new one:
[i]
Dear friends,

Straight to our update....

ITCOTCK

Available now, a new dual-disc version contains the classic CD, while the DVD contains rare footage from 1969. Being a
new format, the cost is a bit high at $99.99, but worth it for all KC enthusiasts.

What????? :roll:

Indyrod

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook