free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Inner Knot Newsletter

Inner Knot Newsletter

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Postby vrooom on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:40 am

Thank god for that web denizen...my problem is that I just ain't that dedicated. Anyway, I was too busy playing my Rutles albums and psyching myself up for tonight's gig. Oh yeah, baby.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:21 pm

Against my better judgement, I will continue to post the DGM newsletter, for those that cannot or do not receive it. Here is the most recent one.

Inner Knot December Update wrote:Dear friends,
We begin with best wishes for a happy Holiday season for you and yours. Los Angeles, temperature-wise, has dropped to the 40's this week (at night at least), which for us is quite cold this time of year. We know we are weather wimps, but now that this colder weather has gotten us ready for the Holidays, will we be able to adjust to the warm weather the Santa Anas are bringing this weekend? For those of you living in colder climates, you are likely rolling your eyes right about now, but as they say, "at least you have the seasons". Regardless of where you live, we do wish you all the best as we prepare ourselves to head into 2005.

Please read on for some information on new items to the DGM shop, some Holiday sale items and other Inner Knot updates.

SURPRISE ITEM

You have asked and asked, and finally gave up asking, but we can at last report that you can pre-order your own copy of the tour box sold on the last King Crimson tour. This release contains an audio CD plus a 20 page full color booklet and features a Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With (demo), a previously unreleased Soundscape Suite, plus interviews and more. Frequent Fliers will receive a separate e-mail with a special discount for this set. For those unfamiliar with our Frequent Flier program, we periodically offer discounts to our most loyal customers. There is no cost to join, no paperwork to fill out....Just reach our target number ($200.00 spent in the DGM shop over any period of time, it is cumulative), and you are automatically a Frequent Flier.

King Crimson - The Power To Believe Tour Box

Club 28 Update

We have received the components to begin pressing the next Club CD, a double disc from June 11, 2000, featuring King Crimson in Warsaw, Poland. We will release this in January, 2005, and you have until then to enter our Degrees of Separation Contest (please see Inner Knot News Page for more details).

STOCKING STUFFERS

In order to help you make the King Crimson fan in your life happy, we have reduced the price on a number of items we believe make perfect gifts, or will fit nicely in your loved one's stocking. These price reductions are temporary, and they will return to regular price in January, 2005.

Discipline Knot Key Chain $3.99
Discipline Knot Mouse Pad $7.50
Discipline Knot Candle $3.99
DGM UK Sweatshirt $15.99
The Plague of Crafty Guitarists compilation $10.99
Beginners' Guide to KCCC $5.99

Holiday Discounts

Review Contest

Numerous reviews have been posted to the DGM shop. Remember that we will choose our favorite for the month of December, and the lucky winner will have their own category in the DGM shop for the month of January.

In The Court Of The Crimson King

As many of you know, a remastered version is currently available in Europe, and we will release it in the US and to the DGM shop in February, 2005. We will forward more details in our January update, but as a quick synopsis, this disc has been remastered from the recently rediscovered original master tapes (thus, it is an updated version from the 30th Anniversary edition).

Other King Crimson Titles

The other KC releases previously released by Virgin and Caroline in the US will be released throughout 2005, and we will update you each month. They are being released first in Europe, but we promise to release them here as quickly as we can. Aside from In The Court (as described above) and In The Wake of Poseidon (more details to follow later), the other releases are the same as the 30th Anniversary editions.

Other Artists Shops

The Inner Knot was created to effectively manage distribution of King Crimson and Robert Fripp titles worldwide through mail order, and in the US and Canada to shops. While we continue to do this, other artists have realized this is a great way for them to sell their CDs and merchandise on line, and have teamed with Inner Knot for a mutually beneficial relationship. Many of you have already experienced the Bill Bruford and David Sylvian shops, and we now invite you to order a new CD from famed producer Mitchell Froom. If interested, please visit http://www.mitchellfroom.com for more information. Aside from his tremendous talent as a producer, Mitchell is an amazing pianist and has composed and performed some beautiful pieces on his new album.

New To The Shop

Carl Weingarten - Hand In The Sand
Discipline - Mousepad
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Live At Montreux 1997
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus (Import)
Gentle Giant - Scraping The Barrel (Import)
Jethro Tull - Christmas Album
King Crimson - CC - ProjeKct Three Live in Austin, TX , March 25, 1999
Pink Floyd - Animals (Remastered)
Steve Hackett - Once Above A Time (DVD)
TU - Official Bootleg
Gentle Giant - In A Glass House (Import)
The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson (Vol. One 1969-1974)

New To The Shop

Warm wishes for a wonderful December,
Amy, Bill and Sandy
The Inner Knot Team

Discipline Global Mobile
http://www.disciplineglobalmobile.com/order/
mailorderdgm@aol.com

Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Summer/Winterfold Records samplers

Postby L.RayRojo on Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:47 pm

Riverman wrote:Update: another web denizen I won't name here was able to cross-check with his own stuff and compile a list.

Ah, Thanks to that web denizen.
Well after waiting a month without receiving my Bill Bruford goodies I finally got around to emailing his company and asking if the Summerfold/Winterfold samplers had been sent. I got a really nice email back from Sandy explaining that they had been sent back in November but she would put another set in the mail. A couple days later and I am now listening to some really good music by Bill and pals and an extra Voiceprint Web Radio disc I haven't gotten to yet.

I'm not sure why a track list wouldn't be included for a sampler especially when I really like what I'm hearing and would like to order the full cd from which the track comes.

Freebies are great though!
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Indyrod on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Inner Knot February, 2005 Update wrote:Dear Friends,
Sunny skies and warm weather returned to Southern California this week, and smog levels, at least visibly, are low. We trust that whether you are in the midst of winter weather, or enjoying summer sun for our friends south of the equator, that February finds you well.

Please read on for your latest news from Inner Knot:

In The Court Of The Crimson King

The face is back! (a retailer recently told us about nightmares he had as a child after seeing his sister's copy of this classic album; no telling what the music did to him....) Remastered from the original master tapes which were recently re-discovered (there's some alliteration for you), you can pre-order your copy of In The Court of The Crimson King Now.

In The Wake of Poseidon will be added as a pre-order March 1st, and will contain two extra tracks, namely the single Cat Food, and its b-side, Groon. It will be released to stores on March 15th.

If you are at this point complaining that you just purchased remastered versions of these albums a few years back and are unhappy that you are now forced to purchase new copies once again, you will be pleased to know that the remainder of the albums through Thrak will be re-released with no changes. We will be adding these as quickly as we can manufacture them, and hope to have all of them available on line and through shops by mid year.

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (Original Master)

Club 28

Thank you to all who purchased a copy of this album in January. We raised $1068.00 which we will donate to our local Rotary Club who will use this as part of a matching grant program to increase the amount that is ultimately given to tsunami relief efforts.

King Crimson - CC- Live in Warsaw, June 11, 2000

Degrees of Separation Winner

Congratulations to Fer Felix who was chosen as the winner of our last contest, linking Robert Fripp to Justin Timberlake. He was one of four people to do so in two degrees, using Phil Collins (actually one person used Michael Landau). We chose one winner at random from the four contestants. He will receive a free copy of Club 28, or other Club CD of his choice if he has already purchased Live in Warsaw.

Club 29

We do not have a release date set for the next Club CD yet, but it will be a double disc from 1971, Live at Brighton Dome. Please refer to the Inner Knot news page for an updated release date.

New Degrees of Separation Contest

Win a free copy of Club 29 by linking Robert Fripp to Louis Armstrong in as few connections as possible. Please refer to the Inner Knot news page for rules.

Equatorial Stars

Due to the demand for this album, we are pleased to announce that we will soon begin re-manufacturing and will add it back to the shop as soon as it is complete (most likely early next month). We will release this album to stores on April 5th in the US and Canada, and it will be available in stores in Europe in late March.

Review Contest Winner

Our winner for February is Louie Bourland! We have contacted Louie and will be adding his category containing his three CDs of choice this week. We continue to receive orders for Scott's picks from January, so we will leave his category live this month as well. "Lanquidity" by Sun Ra, one of his picks, has been on back order since we added it to the shop. As soon as it is available, we will fill the back orders we have on file.

If you want to be in the running to have your own category for one month (three CDs of your choice that we do not already carry), simply submit a review for any of the products in the shop. We choose our favorite review (based on content, not number of stars given), and offer the winner a free Club CD and their own category for one month.

New to the Shop

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (Original Master)
King Crimson - CC- Live in Warsaw, June 11, 2000
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Inside Emerson Lake & Palmer (DVD)
Led Zeppelin - Inside Led Zeppelin (DVD)
Miles Davis - The Cool Jazz Sound (DVD)
Miles Davis - Live Evil
Pink Floyd - Inside Pink Floyd
Sun Ra - Lanquidity
Can - Monster Movie (Remastered Hybrid SACD)
Centrozoon - Never Trust The Way You Are
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (DVD)
Centrozoon - The Cult Of: Bibbiboo
Markus Reuter - The Longest In Terms Of Being

New To The Shop

Wishing you a fantastic February,
Amy, Bill and Sandy
The Inner Knot Team

Discipline Global Mobile
http://www.disciplineglobalmobile.com/order/
mailorderdgm@aol.com
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby RYG on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:52 pm

DGM wrote:
Club 29

We do not have a release date set for the next Club CD yet, but it will be a double disc from 1971, Live at Brighton Dome. Please refer to the Inner Knot news page for an updated release date.

What ? What happened to Heidelberg '74?? Anyway, this release has a live "Islands" on it which would be the ONLY reason I'd consider purchasing this (and if the sound quality is at least 3.5 stars).

Also, what is the Led Zeppelin DVD -- "Inside Led Zeppelin" ?
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:09 pm

RYG wrote:Also, what is the Led Zeppelin DVD -- "Inside Led Zeppelin" ?

http://www.classicrockproductionsonline ... 581&cat=97

Direct from the people who made it...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Owen on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:22 pm

RYG wrote:DGM wrote:
Club 29

What ? What happened to Heidelberg '74??

Just what I was going to say!

Cheers,
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:41 pm

Obviously the people want more 1971-era Crim....NOT! :D

C'mon, sell us something we actually want...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

cc 29

Postby aWc on Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:07 pm

well, maybe I am the only one, but I AM interested in the 71-72 crim and will definitely purchase CC 29. Although the 72-74 band tops my list, I have pretty much all I need between the studio albums, USA, Great Deceiver, Mainz and Central Park.

So far, the 71-72 line-up is the only one from which I purchased all the Country Clubs. IMHO they are all good (particularly Plymouth and Summit, even Jacksonville with a killer Sailor's Tale) and they present a band I knew far less than the Wetton era band. Each album has been quite different from the others. I also happen to like Boz: what he lacks in technique, he more than makes up for in energy. The "punkest" KC singer ever. Plus, any Mel Collins solo is worth hearing, Fripp had his crazy fuzz-wah tone and we get Ian The Walrus!!!
music is your only friend until the end
Jim Morrison
aWc
ProjeKction Regular

Postby MiKcrobe on Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:31 pm

RYG wrote:DGM wrote:
Club 29

What ? What happened to Heidelberg '74?? Anyway, this release has a live "Islands" on it which would be the ONLY reason I'd consider purchasing this (and if the sound quality is at least 3.5 stars).

I'd buy this, but tell me again why we thought the next was going to be Heidelberg? Where did that come from? I must have missed something (for one thing, I don't read all those insipid diary entries).
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook