free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Inner Knot Newsletter

Inner Knot Newsletter

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Inner Knot Newsletter

Postby vrooom on Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:47 pm

Here's the Inner Knot newsletter for those of you who don't/can't/won't get it.

The drones at DGM wrote:We wish you all a wonderful November (or what is left of it at least!). It's been a busy Fall for us thus far, and we anticipate the remainder of the year flying by, as they always seem to do. For those wondering about the "missing" track on disc four of the new KC set, to those waiting to find out what new gems we have added to the shop, read below for details!

THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING TRACK

"Where is Augsberg?", you may ask. Well, this tricky track is not missing...it is actually the intro to Exiles. Our graphic designer assigned a title that was at one time given to this improv, but when the disc was mastered, both were counted as one track. Hence, you have 12 tracks listed, but 11 that actually appear on the disc.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL

New for the Holiday season, receive a free mousepad featuring the Discipline knot, with each order of $75.00 or more. Or, you can purchase them as a gift for yourself or friends for $7.50 each - yet another memento for your home or office to keep your DGM friends close at all times!
Discipline - Mouse Pad

DEGREES OF SEPARATION QUIZ

In our last round, several of you were able to connect Robert Fripp to Babs in just two connections, most of you using Larry Fast to do so. We chose one winner at random, and our lucky recipient of a free copy of Club 27 (or other Club Cd of his choice if he already owns #27) is Bob Fish. We will post additional details to the Inner Knot news page for those interested. Congratulations Bob!

The new contest is...and please don't laugh....we are trying to use artists from all over the map....is connect Robert Fripp to Justin Timberlake in as few steps as possible. We add one additional rule this time....you may not use the Timberlake-Janet Jackson Superbowl incident as one of the steps.

NEW CATEGORY CONTEST

Last month we also added a contest whereby we chose our favorite review for the month and will allow that customer to have a category in the shop for one month. If you post a review and are interested in being eligible for the contest, please be sure to include your first and last name. We had several great reviews posted last month, but we could not locate most of the writers as they listed only a first name. Our winner for the first round of the contest is Candy Nixon, and details of Candy's new category being added to the shop will be posted at the Inner Knot news page. Congratulations Candy!

TU TOUR ON HOLD

We do not have details, but we have been informed by Pat that the TU tour is on hold. We will post more details when we receive them.

NEW TO THE SHOP

Asia - Live Legends (DVD)
Gentle Giant - In A Glass House (Import)
Jethro Tull - Christmas Album
King Crimson - Neal and Jack and Me - Live 1982-1984 (DVD)
The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson (Vol. One 1969-1974)
William Shatner - Has Been
King Crimson - CC - ProjeKct Three Live in Austin, TX , March 25, 1999

New To The Shop

BILL BRUFORD FREE CD

Visit http://www.billbruford.com and click over to his on-line shop. If you log in as a new customer, you can order a free gift. This free set includes an introduction to Bill's new labels; Summerfold Records, with 8 tracks of music and interview, and an introduction to Winterfold Records, a seven track disc with music and interviews. If you have ordered from Bill's shop before, you can add this set to any order you place, also at no charge. Find the set listed under Featured Items. There is no charge for the set, and no charge for shipping and handling. Enjoy!

Thank you, as always, for your time. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy your turkey and pumpkin pie!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

BB freebee?

Postby L.RayRojo on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:23 pm

Just visited BB's site and ordered the sampler. There is a $3.00 shipping charge but no other charges.

:roll:
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Re: BB freebee?

Postby vrooom on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:29 pm

L.RayRojo wrote:Just visited BB's site and ordered the sampler. There is a $3.00 shipping charge but no other charges.

:roll:

$7.00 shipping for me. So I ordered the Bruford/Moraz CDs to make it, er, more worthwhile. I am going to give the package to The Missus so she can wrap them up and give me them for Xmas. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:34 pm

I think I'll place an order at BB's site next month to get both samplers. Maybe that new DVD.

As far as DGM, I guess we won't be seeing the remastered Club 16 by the end of the year? :roll: Maybe next year? :P It's only been 3 years since they pulled it, right?
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby vrooom on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:46 pm

I heard a rumour that the samplers also come with the re-issues of the Moraz/Bruford albums as a bonus CD...sooooo there's a good chance that I'll be the owner of three sets of Winterfold/Summerfold samplers! :P

If that's the case, I might give one away or something. Watch this space...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby octopus92 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 am

I confirm you that when you buy a new remastered Bruford CD (I've just received yesterday the "Music for piano and drums" from Amazon.Fr), you'll have a sampler of Summerfold catalogue as a bonus CD in a double CD jewel-box).
In the liner notes, it's written that for every remastered CD, you'll have the introduction of the other part of the catalogue (for a Summerfold release, you'll have the Winterfold sampler and vice-versa... :roll: ).
The Summerfold sampler is a 8 songs of the two Earthworks groups (I recognize "Bridge of exhibition" from the first album and the live version of "My hearts declares a holiday" and "One of a kind" from the last Earthworks live album and an extract from the new collaboration with keyboard player I don't remember) with a long interview of Bruford which, I think, is a resume of the Voiceprint Webradio interview too...
Nice but if you want to have all the re-issues, you'll have a pretty long selection of samplers :lol:
The 3 three bonus tracks from MFPAD are live tracks from the Moraz-Bruford tour of Japan in 1985...
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby flipper on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:33 pm

Being reasonably local to Mr Billy B (local enough to know where he got the Winterfold name from) I wonder if I could collect the sampler direct?
Somehow, I should think not. Recently I heard that a local chap who does a spot of window cleaning was employed at the Bruford castle to do just that. he knocked on the door, saw the mighty drummer and cheekily asked: "is this where the Crimson King lives?". A bucket was handed over, but no reply ever came to the fateful question.......this silly little story has been doing the rounds here in the not so wild wolds of Surrey....I guess it makes a difference from spotting the likes of Tony Banks or Mike Rutherford walking down Guildford High Street. :D
flipper

Postby Riverman on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:28 am

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before.. but.. is there anywhere a fellow can actually find a complete tracklisting for the Summerfold & Winterfold samplers? It's a good deal getting three CDs for $3, and I realize they were run off as a cheap & easy freebie, but I would have thought they should at least have a), some kind of package that's remotely protective of the plastic therein, and b) some kind of hint or clue as to where the hell the music actually came from.

What good is a sampler if it doesn't tell you the title or album of the track/s you like?
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:46 pm

Well a sack load of these samplers fell through my letterbox today, Geno. I've only listened to the Summerfold sampler and it consists of mainly his Earthworths material including Bridge of Inhibition and tracks from his new CD. I am no expert and don't have my Earthworks CDs to hand so I can name each and every track, but I say that there's nothing new here except a track from the Bruford/Borslap CD, which I hadn't heard.

What's nice is that there is an interview with BB linking each track and he talks about King Crimson, the formation of Earthworks and electronic drums. It's very entertaining. Like Fripp, BB is very articulate and the interview is worth listening to.

I will post a clip of the interview tomorrow. I will also be posting in a mini-competition to win the two spare Summerfold Samplers that I have. I will also listen to the Winterfold sampler tomorrow and report back on that too.

Currently grooning to my new Moraz-Bruford CDs... :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Riverman on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:04 am

Update: another web denizen I won't name here was able to cross-check with his own stuff and compile a list.
-----------------------------------------------
Winterfold:
1. "Hells Bells"/Bruford/One Of A Kind -1979
2. "Beelzebub"/Bruford/Feels Good To Me -1978
3. "One Of A Kind, part 2"/Bruford/One Of A Kind -1979
4. "Joe Frazier"/Bruford/Gradually Going Tornado -1980
5. "Living Space"/Bruford-Moraz/Music For Piano & Drums -1983
6. "The Drum Also Waltzes"/Bruford-Moraz/Flags -1985
7. "Fainting In Coils"/Bruford/One Of A Kind -1979

Summerfold:
1. "My Heart Declares A Holiday"/Earthworks -1987
2. "Bridge Of Inhibition"/Earthworks -1987
3. "Gentle Persuasion"/Earthworks/Dig? -1989
4. "A Part, And Yet Apart"/Earthworks/A Part, And Yet Apart -1999
5. "No Truce With The Furies"/Earthworks/A Part, And Yet Apart -1999
6 & 7. "One Of A Kind, parts 1 & 2"/Earthworks w/ Tim Garland/Random Acts Of Happiness -2003
8. "The Sixteen Kingdoms Of The Five Barbarians"/Bruford Borstlap/Every Step A Dance, Every Word A Song -2004
-----------------------------------------------
I was also pretty impressed with how well-spoken BB is in those interviews. (The Winterfold stuff covers more topics like the formation of UK, the musical approach of the original Bruford group, and the perennial live vs. studio dichotomy.) But I'll probably snip them out to burn a single CD, as I foresee a nuisance continually skipping them.

Anyone else get a Voiceprint Web Radio sampler in this same package? Another unexpected freebie of course is always good, but any track info on that one is still conspiciously absent.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Main Guestbook